The 39 Clues, I’m pleased to be able to offer an amazing giveaway to my readers!
First, if you’re not acquainted yet with The 39 Clues series, for ages 8-12, here’s what it’s all about:
The 39 Clues is a series of adventure books published by Scholastic. The main part of the series consists of ten books about the adventures of siblings Amy and Dan Cahill. They agree to the challenge in their grandmother Grace Cahill’s will and search for 39 clues scattered around the world.
The 39 Clues is a groundbreaking, multi-media adventure series that spans 10 adrenaline-charged books, hundreds of collectible cards, and an online game that allows readers to play a part in the story and compete for prizes. (My sister told me that her son really enjoys the game!) Another interesting fact is that these books have different authors. Book 1 of The 39 Clues series, called The Maze of Bones, was written by Rick Riordan, who also wrote the best-selling series, Percy Jackson & the Olympians. Book 1 of that series, The Lightning Thief, was recently made into a movie! And this is really cool: Movie rights for The 39 Clues have been acquired by DreamWorks Studios with Steven Spielberg eyeing to direct!
On April 6, 2010, Scholastic will be releasing Book 8 in the series. Fortunately, a video has just surfaced that shows reporter William Michaels in an exclusive interview with Gordon Korman, author of Book 8: The Emperor’s Code. Gordon reveals extraordinary information: There are vital hints concealed in the artwork on the cover of Book 8 that could expose the location of the next clue! Examine the artwork carefully, and your family could find out where the Book 8 clue is hidden! Check out the interview in this video:
(Email subscribers: You may need to click on the title of this post to access the video on my blog.)
To learn more about this amazing series, visit www.the39clues.com. You can also pre-order the book on Amazon. Scholastic is sending me the first book in the series, which I am really excited to read, but I have an even better opportunity for all of you! Read on…
GIVEAWAY (3 winners!)
Scholastic is offering the following prizes:
- One (1) grand prize winner will receive a prize pack including copies #1 through #9.
- Two (2) additional winners will receive copies of Book 1: The Maze of Bones and Book 2: One False Note.
Here’s how to enter:
Leave a comment on this post explaining why you’d like to win these books and who you’d share them with. This first comment is mandatory.
You can earn optional, additional entries by:
- Following me (@ParentingAuthor) and Scholastic (@Scholastic) on Twitter and tweeting about this giveaway. You may tweet this giveaway up to twice a day. Leave a separate comment with the URL of each tweet. (It’s easy to tweet this giveaway by using the Bookmark button at the bottom of this post. 1 entry per tweet.)
- Subscribing to Susan Heim on Parenting via email and/or RSS feed (see sign-up options on left sidebar). Leave a comment for each subscription method. (1 entry for email; 1 entry for RSS feed)
- Following Susan Heim on Parenting through Google Friend Connect. Click on the “Follow” button on the left sidebar. Leave a comment. (1 entry)
- Putting a button for Susan Heim on Parenting on your blog (the code is in the upper right-hand column of this site) and/or a text link on your blog roll. Post a comment with your blog’s URL. (1 entry for button; 1 entry for text link)
- Posting this giveaway on your blog with a link to this page and www.the39clues.com. Leave a comment with a direct link to the post. (3 entries; leave a separate comment for each)
Three winners will be randomly selected from the qualified comments received by Wednesday, April 14, 2010, at midnight ET. Please leave an email address on one of your comments if it’s not available on your Blogger profile. Winners must respond within 72 hours or another winner will be drawn. Open to U.S. residents only.
CONTEST CLOSED. Congratulations to the grand prize winner, Shelly (Twitter: @phxbne), and the two runners-up: Maja and Tabathia!
DISCLOSURE: Scholastic is sending me Book 1 of The 39 Clues series as a thank-you for hosting this giveaway.