Saturday, February 13, 2010

Saturday 9: It’s a Beautiful Morning



Welcome to Saturday 9! What’s that? It’s a meme I’m participating in this week (and in future weeks, if I feel like it…) where participating bloggers answer 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes, the post will have a theme; other times, the questions will be totally unrelated. This week’s questions seem to fit the latter category!

1. Are you a morning person?

This is an easy one. NO! I despise mornings. I’m wide awake at night and usually work in the evenings. Bedtime is at midnight for me. Mornings are absolute torture, especially if it’s still dark outside.

2. Tell us of a news story that truly shocked you.

I read a story in PEOPLE today about a 15-year-old girl who killed herself because she was bullied in high school. She was a beautiful, talented girl who got harassed because others were jealous. This really broke my heart. And I know this happens every day in middle and high schools around the country. I know a mother who had to pull her daughter out of middle school and homeschool her because she was bullied so badly. I just don’t get it…

3. What was your very first job?

In high school, I worked at a place called The Great American Hot Dog Experience. I had to wear a red rubber apron and a dorky visor hat, and empty huge vats of hot grease out of the fryer each night. It was a dangerous, stinky job. I was thrilled when I got another job at the Hallmark store.

4. What characteristics do you despise?

I hate braggarts. People who are “full of themselves” drive me crazy. I’m not saying that you shouldn’t have self-confidence, but true braggarts are usually not confident at all, and they overcompensate by telling everyone how great they are.

5. To where would you retire?

Ooh, that’s a tough one. I already live in Florida, the retirement capital of the world! Actually, I’ve often thought I’d like to do charitable work overseas when I retire.

6. Are you named after anyone?

No, but my mom said she called me Susan because she wanted a name that didn’t have any unpleasant nicknames associated with it. My sister still managed to torture me with Sue Poo through most of my childhood.

7. How do you release anger?

I run away from home. No, I just dream about it sometimes! Usually, I suppress it, which is very unhealthy. But sometimes I blow my stack when I can’t take it anymore.

8. Do you use sarcasm a lot?

No, not at all. (Yeah, right!)

9. What is your least favorite thing about yourself?

My nose. My mom kindly describes it as “aristocratic”!

I’d love to read your answers to these questions. Just leave them in the comment section below. And feel free to click HERE to find other blogs that are participating in Saturday 9 so you can read their responses!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. All comments are moderated and will go live after approval.