Friday, January 01, 2010
Have you ever played a group storytelling game where one person starts telling a story, and then the next person adds to the story, followed by the next person, and so on? These are called “string-of-pearls stories,” and they can be a lot of fun because you never know what the next person will come up with! The plot twists this way and that until you have an outrageous or extremely creative story.
I was recently sent a wonderful set of cards called Pearl Cards that combine a string-of-pearls story with beautiful artwork! Players are dealt various cards with fine art and photographic images on them, which serve as creative cues in coming up with a new twist on the story.
Look at some of the beautiful artwork and photos that are included in Pearl Cards:
Can you imagine the unique stories that these pictures would inspire? Pearl Cards is a great game for families to play together because it not only encourages creativity, but it exposes players to fine art. Children can start playing the game around age five or six, and it’s especially good for young players because there are no losers! However, adults and older children will also love playing this game and admiring the artwork.
Click HERE to learn more about Pearl Cards, order a set for only $9.95, and check out the online and Facebook versions!
Freeman Ng, who is the creator of Pearl Cards, has generously offered a deck of Pearl Cards to three lucky readers of this blog! To enter, click HERE and click on “The Images” in the gray bar at the top of the page. Check out the beautiful cards in the original pack and leave a comment on this post describing your favorite card. You must do this first step to enter the giveaway.
You can earn optional, additional entries by:
- Following me (@ParentingAuthor) and creator Freeman Ng (@AuthorFreeman) on Twitter and tweeting about this giveaway. You may do this twice a day. Leave a separate comment with the URL of each tweet. (It’s easy to tweet this giveaway by using the Bookmark button at the bottom of this post.)
- Following Susan Heim on Parenting through Google Friend Connect. Click on the “Follow” button on the left sidebar. Leave a comment.
- Putting a button for Susan Heim on Parenting on your blog (the code is in the upper right-hand column of this site) and/or a text link on your blog roll. Post a comment with your blog’s URL.
- Posting this giveaway on your blog with a link to this page. Leave a comment with a direct link to the post. (3 entries; leave a separate comment for each)
- Listing Susan Heim on Parenting as one of your Favorites on Technorati. (See “Add this Blog to My Technorati Favorites” banner on the left sidebar.) Leave a comment with your Technorati user name.
- Subscribing to Susan Heim on Parenting via email, RSS and/or Kindle (see sign-up options on left sidebar). Leave a comment for each subscription method.
Three winners will be randomly selected from the qualified comments received by Friday, January 15, 2010, at midnight ET. Please leave an email address on one of your comments if it’s not available on your Blogger profile. Winner must respond within 72 hours or another winner will be drawn. U.S. addresses only.
CONTEST CLOSED. Congratulations to Jaime, Stephanie, and windycindy!
DISCLOSURE: I received a complimentary deck of Pearl Cards to facilitate this review. No other compensation was provided.