Monday, January 11, 2010
Get Some Healthy Fruit into Your Family’s Diet This Winter with Nature’s Peak Frozen Fruit (Giveaway)
During the winter months, fresh fruit can be tough to find, and when you do find it, it often costs a fortune! A great way to get some fruit into your family’s diet during the winter months is to find it in the frozen foods section of the grocery store. One terrific product that’s in the freezer section of our local store is the Nature’s Peak line of premium frozen fruit!
Nature’s Peak fruit is quick frozen at the peak of ripeness, so it’s just as nutritious as fresh fruit. I received a bag of Nature’s Peak Wild Blueberries and a bag of Sunburst Mango to try. First, I checked the ingredient list. There was just one ingredient on each package: blueberries and mangoes! That’s because there’s no sugar or other additives in the package: just fruit. It also comes in a resealable pouch so you can just take out what you need and put the rest back in the freezer.
Our fruit was delicious! One of my sons and I were gobbling up a bowl of blueberries for a great healthy treat yesterday. Yum! Following are the varieties of Nature’s Peak that are available. Notice that they come in both single-fruit and multi-fruit varieties.
Sun Ripened Trio (strawberries, mangoes, peaches)
Berry Quartet (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries)
Summer Fruit Salad (strawberries, honeydew melon, peaches, pineapple, red grapes)
Paradise Fruit Medley (kiwi, mango, peaches, pineapple, cantaloupe)
Whole Country Strawberries
Sliced Country Strawberries
Cranberry Harvest Cranberries
Aloha Gold™ Pineapple
I love their website, www.naturespeakfrozen.com, because they have some wonderful recipes there, such as Fiesta Tropical Crepes, Mango Black Bean Salsa, Smoothies, Berry Quartet Cheesecake Pie, and much more.
Nature’s Peak Frozen Fruit is currently available in the following locations: Florida (all regions); New England (all regions); New Jersey (all regions); Maryland (all regions); Virginia (all regions); Washington (Seattle area); Oregon (Portland area); California (Los Angeles, San Jose areas); Arizona (Phoenix area); North Carolina (Southwest area); South Carolina (Northwest area); Georgia (Southeast and Northeast areas); Missouri (Northern area); Louisiana (New Orleans area); Arkansas (Little Rock area).
If you live in one of these areas, I encourage you to check the freezer section of your favorite grocery store for Nature’s Peak Frozen Fruit. And, of course, the delicious recipes on their site are available for everyone!
Nature’s Peak has generously offered coupons to two lucky people for a free package of Nature’s Peak Frozen Fruit! Before entering, please check the list of locations above to make sure that you can get it in your area. If you can, please visit www.naturespeakfrozenfoods.com and leave a comment on this post with the title of your favorite recipe! You must do this to enter the giveaway.
You may earn optional, additional entries by:
- Following me (@ParentingAuthor) on Twitter and tweeting about this giveaway. You may do this twice a day. Leave a separate comment with the URL of each tweet. (It’s easy to tweet this giveaway by using the Bookmark button at the bottom of this post.)
- Following Susan Heim on Parenting through Google Friend Connect. Click on the “Follow” button on the left sidebar. Leave a comment.
- Putting a button for Susan Heim on Parenting on your blog (the code is in the upper right-hand column of this site) and/or a text link on your blog roll. Post a comment with your blog’s URL.
- Posting this giveaway on your blog with a link to this page. Leave a comment with a direct link to the post. (3 entries; leave a separate comment for each)
- Listing Susan Heim on Parenting as one of your Favorites on Technorati. (See “Add this Blog to My Technorati Favorites” banner on the left sidebar.) Leave a comment with your Technorati user name.
- Subscribing to Susan Heim on Parenting via email, RSS and/or Kindle (see sign-up options on left sidebar). Leave a comment for each subscription method.
Two winners will be randomly selected from the qualified comments received by Sunday, January 24, 2010, at midnight ET. Please leave an email address on one of your comments if it’s not available on your Blogger profile. Winners must respond within 72 hours or another winner will be drawn. U.S. addresses only.
CONTEST CLOSED. Congratulations to the winners, taylor and Nancy S.!
DISCLOSURE: I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour campaign by Mom Central on behalf of Nature’s Peak and received a sample to facilitate my candid review as well as two coupons to give away. In addition, Mom Central sent me a gift card to thank me for taking the time to participate.