Saturday, December 26, 2009

Small Talk Six: Hopes and Dreams for 2010


This week’s topic on Small Talk Six is “6 things you are looking forward to in 2010”! (What’s Small Talk Six? Click here to find out.) Here are 6 things I hope to achieve this coming year!

1. I’m hoping to start writing my first fiction book in 2010. I’ve had 7 nonfiction books published so far, but I have always dreamed of writing fiction. So, I’m hoping that I’ll at least make significant headway on it in 2010, even if it’s not published until the following year.

2. I’m hoping we can start looking for a new house. Our house is very small for four kids, two parents, and two home offices. I’m extremely grateful we have a nice home and a low mortgage, but I’ve been dreaming forever of finding my “dream home.” I hope this will be the year when we can make that happen since housing prices are low.

3. I look forward to seeing my children grow and mature. My oldest son will be more than halfway through college in 2010. My second oldest will turn 18 and start his last year of high school. And my twins will finish up their first year of elementary school. They’re all growing up so fast. It will be interesting to see what the year holds for them.

4. I’m hoping to be able to figure out what I want to spend my time doing. I feel like I’m being pulled in ten different directions right now. So, I hope to find some focus in 2010, and shed those things that aren’t a productive or enjoyable use of my time.

5. I'd like to see more movies and read more books. I usually choose working instead of relaxing with a good book or movie. I hope to give myself permission to just enjoy life more this year.

6. I’d love to take a vacation. We recently went to Disney World for a few days, but that was the first vacation we’ve had in years, and that was more for the twins. I would love to go someplace new that I’ve never explored before.

So, now it’s your turn! Leave a comment on this post describing some of the “things you are looking forward to in 2010.” And then click HERE to find links to other bloggers’ Small Talk Six lists for the week.




3 comments:

  1. I hope to learn more about raising a toddler and how to stay on top of housework while blogging.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you a Happy New Year! Thanks for share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of your goals...they seem really reasonable! I am hoping to read more novels in 2010...I tend to spend way more time reading blogs than books lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. All comments are moderated and will go live after approval.