Sunday, December 06, 2009

Impress Your Holiday Guests with an Appetizer Made with Brie!


Whenever I serve appetizers, I always have crackers and cheese. They’re easy to prepare, and everyone seems to love them! This Christmas, I’m going to be serving some wonderful President Brie cheese along with my crackers. Doesn’t the word “brie” just conjure up images of elegance? A little wine… some brie cheese and crackers… and you’ve got a great appetizer to serve! The President Brie Log makes things easy because of its shape. You just slice the cheese and arrange it on your serving dish or place the perfectly sized rounds right on your crackers. (President also has brie available in a wedge, a round, and a spread.)

And if you’re slightly more ambitious than I am when it comes to cooking, brie can also be used in some delicious recipes! Here’s a very yummy-looking one that I found on the President website. I may even try this one myself! It sounds really easy to make and looks fabulous.

Brie Phyllo Torte with Fresh Raspberries



• 2 tablespoons apricot jam or jelly
• 1 pint fresh raspberries
• 7 sheets phyllo pastry, thawed
• 4 tablespoons butter, melted
• 15 oz Président® Mini-Brie

Preheat oven according to phyllo package directions. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or nonstick foil. Melt jam in small pan and gently toss raspberries in jam. Set aside. Lay one sheet of phyllo on baking sheet and brush with butter. Layer another piece of phyllo across bottom piece and brush with butter. Keep layering phyllo and buttering each layer to create a rough-edged rectangle. Remove wrapping from Brie round and place in center of pastry.

Gently gather phyllo up around Brie and use a strip of parchment paper to hold it in place, leaving an open top. Fill opening with raspberries and jam and bake for 25 minutes, or until phyllo is golden.



The President website has more terrific recipes, information on cheese, and even how-to videos! There’s also a store finder so you can purchase President cheese for your next holiday gathering. Bon appétit!

P.S. Feel free to share your favorite appetizer recipes and ideas in the comments section of this post. I'm always looking for great ideas!





DISCLOSURE: I received a President Brie Home Entertaining Kit, which included samples of President Brie, a cheese board, place holders and an insulated bag, as a thank you for reviewing President products. No monetary compensation was provided.

3 comments:

  1. Sharon7:00 AM

    I saw this dish in a magazine ad and would like to try it. Thanks for posting the recipe. How, exactly, do you serve this torte? Is it a spread for crackers or bruschetta? Never served brie before and I'm not sure how. Thanks for any help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon,
    I was assuming these were little individual tarts that people just eat with a fork or spoon. That's a good question! Maybe somebody else has the answer!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon8:37 PM

    Ok, Susan, I decided to make this dish and find out for myself. It was delicious! It was to large for an individual serving so I cut it into wedges and ate with a fork mmmm. I will be making it again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. All comments are moderated and will go live after approval.