Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Hallmark’s Recordable Storybook Makes a Great Holiday Gift!


I’ve been a huge fan of Hallmark products ever since I worked in a Hallmark store as a teenager. A couple of weeks ago, I was browsing at a Hallmark store and came across something that would make an awesome gift! It’s a recordable storybook. Their Christmas edition is The Night Before Christmas. This is a wonderful idea for grandparents or other relatives and family friends. They can record themselves reading the story and then send it off to their little loved ones to listen to anytime they want!

The storybook allows you to record each page individually, and you can continue to redo it in case you make a mistake. When you’re done, you can lock in the recording so it doesn’t get accidentally erased, even when you change the battery. Imagine the reaction from your kids when they hear Grandma reading a Christmas story to them! If a parent is in the military and stationed overseas, this would be a beautiful way for them to “read” to their children every night.

The recordable storybook is regularly $29.95, but I found coupons in numerous parenting and women’s magazines that offer $10 off! I bought one and plan to give it to my parents to record for my twins for Christmas. Click HERE to learn more about the storybook on Hallmark’s site. They also have two other non-Christmas recordable storybooks available for year-round gifts. I can’t wait for my kids to receive their book. It will be a wonderful new Christmas tradition at our house!





DISCLOSURE: No compensation or gifts were provided for this review. I purchased the product myself and just wanted to share it with you!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:43 PM

    Hi Susan,

    You should check out "DigiTells Read-Along With Me" This program allows parents and grandparents to make personal audio books for their kids from ANY storybook. Their kit is like $50 and you create unlimited. As well, it adds sound effects, background music and even sing-alongs. Check it out: www.DigiTells.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:37 AM

    I would love to get some of these books--do you know where I can find any? My local Hallmark stores are sold out.
    Thanks- Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jennifer,
    The Hallmark website says that many stores have sold out of them! I noticed that they have a store locator at Hallmark.com, so you might search on there for other stores you could call that might be within driving range.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. All comments are moderated and will go live after approval.