Saturday, November 28, 2009

Small Talk Six: Wishing on a Christmas Star


This week’s topic on Small Talk Six is “6 things on your wish list for Christmas this year”! (What’s Small Talk Six? Click here to find out.) This is really difficult. I’ve been blessed with so much! It’s tough to come up with six items (much to my family’s dismay because it makes their shopping much more difficult!). Here goes…

1. An eReader. A nook, a Kindle… I’ve been dying to try out an eReader. How cool would it be to hear about a good book and have it in your hands almost instantly?!

2. Dishes. My husband just installed new cabinets in our kitchen, and my 11-inch plates don’t fit in them! The dishes are old anyway, so I’m looking for ones with slightly smaller dinner plates. I haven’t been able to find anything I’m crazy about yet, though, in the right size or price range.

3. Dark chocolate. This is always a great stocking stuffer for me. I love it! (But it’s got to be GOOD dark chocolate, not something like dark chocolate Snickers bars.)

4. Sleep. I never seem to get enough. Is it too much to ask for at least one morning where I don’t feel like I’m dragging myself out of bed?

5. World peace. Yes, I know, I sound like a Miss America pageant contestant. But I would give up Christmas gifts for the rest of my life to be able to say that nobody is at war.

6. Thinner thighs.
I can dream, can’t I? (This might be tougher on Santa than the wish for world peace!)

So, now it’s your turn! Leave a comment on this post describing some of the “things on your wish list for Christmas this year.” And then click HERE to find links to other bloggers’ Small Talk Six lists for the week.




8 comments:

  1. I always love that search for the perfect thing:-) I hope you find just the dishes you're looking for.
    As for that thinner thigh thing, well, I don't think Santa has enough magic dust in the world to grant that wish for me!

    God bless,
    Susan
    author of Callie and the Stepmother

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sleep...I haven't slept in 16 years. That's a good wish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinner thighs and dark chocolate? Is that even possible?


    Have a great Saturday!
    http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/11/who-heck-says-this-im-looking-for-long.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Harriet,
    Didn't you get the memo that dark chocolate is actually a health food? LOL
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would go with thinner thighs--please Santa...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I should have totally put 6 down!! I'm with ya there :)
    Although I think that whole list is a good one!

    Happy Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. New dishes are always a good one, in fact I should probably add that to my list. I'm a huge fan of corelle dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Let me tell you.. I have an ipod touch and I've downloaded the AMAZON KINDLE VERSION and an iReader to it to read books on. I love it. Wasn't sure I would but when I pick up a real paperback now.. I wish it was on my Ipod!

    Hugs,
    Love the list!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. All comments are moderated and will go live after approval.