Saturday, November 07, 2009

Small Talk Six: Just Call Me Gilligan


This week’s topic on Small Talk Six is “6 reasons why you would be doomed if you were stranded on a deserted island all by yourself”! (What’s Small Talk Six? Click here to find out.) I think there are a billion reasons why I’d be doomed, but following are six “biggies.”

1. I’m a picky eater.
I hate to admit it, but I don’t eat much better than when I was a kid! I really don’t like many veggies, so the thought of scrounging around the island for plants and roots does not make my tummy or my taste buds happy!

2. I’d go crazy without something to read. I’ve always said I could be happy for a long time with a big stack of good books. But, assuming a library didn’t wash up with me on the island’s shore, I’d go nuts without anything to occupy my mind.

3. I’d miss my kids terribly! Sure, for the first week (or two, or three…), I’d revel in my mommy-free existence! But after I got over appreciating the peace and quiet, I’d want my kids again.

4. I’m not a big fan of drinking water. Of course, I’d be grateful to drink any fresh water I found on the island, but I’d be missing my juice, tea, and chocolate milk.

5. I’d lose my glasses and be blind! My eyesight’s not horrible, but just bad enough that I’d be pretty useless if I lost my glasses in the ocean or smashed them on a rock.

6. I’m no “Professor.” If you’ve ever watched Gilligan’s Island (perhaps I’m showing my age here), you probably laughed at the professor's amazing ability to make anything out of a coconut! I consider myself pretty bright, but building a waterproof tent or a boat would probably be beyond my capabilities.

So, now it’s your turn! Leave a comment on this post describing some of the “reasons why you would be doomed if you were stranded on a deserted island all by yourself.” And then click HERE to find links to other bloggers’ Small Talk Six lists for the week.




2 comments:

  1. I never thought about the fresh water thing - or water in general! Hydration would be a must and I wouldn't do it...I'd die!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I thought about hydration ... the lack of diet coke! GAH!
    http://networkingwitches.wordpress.com/2009/11/07/small-talk-six-saturday/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. All comments are moderated and will go live after approval.