Saturday, November 21, 2009

Small Talk Six: Counting My Blessings


This week’s topic on Small Talk Six is “6 things you are most thankful for this year”! (What’s Small Talk Six? Click here to find out.) Following are the things on my gratitude list:

1. Employment.
So many people have lost their jobs this year. I’m so grateful that my husband and I are still working, and I pray that those who have been laid off will find new jobs soon!

2. Health. Many people have been sick this year, whether with H1N1 or just all the other bugs that have been going around. I’m thankful that my family has been healthy so far.

3. My kids.
Yes, they can be incredibly frustrating sometimes, but I love them to pieces!

4. My husband. He’s not the easiest person to be around, but he’s always been very supportive of my career, and he’s a hard worker himself. He cooks, does laundry, cleans, cares for our twins… I know I’m lucky!

5. Friends. I am a terrible friend. I never pick up the phone. I work a lot. But my friends have never complained about having to make the first move. They call, offer their support and don’t chastise me for my neglect. They are a blessing!

6. My faith. Life would be a whole lot more difficult without prayer and trust in God. I’m thankful that I have the comfort of knowing that I don’t walk alone. God has done amazing things in my life, always responding to every need. Thank you, God!

So, now it’s your turn! Leave a comment on this post describing some of the “things you are most thankful for this year.” And then click HERE to find links to other bloggers’ Small Talk Six lists for the week.




8 comments:

  1. Amen. Great answers. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a wonderful list and a ot to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list!

    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good list, a lot to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great answers Susan! I have a Blog Award for you--stop by when you get a chance. Hope you are enjoying your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. several great reasons to count your blessings this thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:54 PM

    Um... I didn't see your wonderful sister on that list! I'm sure I, I mean she, was number 7. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete