Monday, November 09, 2009

Great New Music for Kids

I’m always amazed at the variety of music now available for kids. When my oldest boys were young, we were pretty much limited to endless rounds of “Wheels on the Bus” and Barney songs. Today, there are so many more options for kids that even adults will enjoy! Here are four terrific selections that I’ve been sent to review recently:

Title: Music Box
Artist: Mary Kaye


Mary Kaye has a folk style that I really like. Charlotte Bohn of Baltimore’s Child says of Music Box, “Folksy and rootsy, Mary Kaye delivers songs that range from topics about a bug in the house (“Bug”) to what it’s like to be in a family (“Family”) to the beauty of a red cardinal in the snow (“Red Cardinal”). … With a voice unmistakably reminiscent of Joni Mitchell, Mary Kaye weaves stories around everyday happenings that children will relate to and enjoy completely.” I couldn’t agree more! Click HERE to hear samples of the songs from this terrific CD and purchase it.

Title: Rockin’, Rollin’ and Ridin’
Artist: Rebecca Frezza & Big Truck


This fun CD features six new songs, plus two special, remixed audio tracks and a bonus video! Roscoe Orman, known as “Gordon” on Sesame Street for 35 years, also makes a guest appearance on the song “Hey-O”! Rebecca’s aim with this CD is to appeal to those kids who are too old for pre-school music but not yet into adult pop music. With fun songs like “Rock Like This,” “Motorcycle Boy,” and “Robot Dancer,” boys and girls alike will be dancing to the beat! Go to http://bigtruckmusic.com/ to learn more about Rebecca Frezza & Big Truck and their music!

Title: Wow! Wow! Wubbzy! Sing-a-Song
Artist: Featuring Beyonce


I have to admit that I have a soft spot for Wubbzy. He’s always so upbeat, just like I wish all the people in my life were! Listening to Wubbzy’s songs just makes me smile. So, I love the new Wow! Wow! Wubbzy! Sing-a-Song CD. It’s filled with 28 Wubbzy songs. “Perfect Day,” “That’s What Friends Are For,” “You’re a Star” … all will make you and your kids bouncy! The only thing I missed was my favorite Wubbzy song, “Be Happy!” (Yes, I have a favorite Wubbzy song. Don’t laugh!) Otherwise, this is a great collection of Wubbzy tunes. And the title song even features singer Beyonce! You can order this CD on Amazon.

Title: Chanukah Fever
Artist: Mama Doni


When I was first sent this CD, I wrote the publicist to say, “Uh, I think you sent this to the wrong person. I’m not Jewish!” But she assured me that you don’t have to be Jewish to enjoy the songs on this CD. She was right! These songs are HILARIOUS! With titles like “The Legend of Sour Cream vs. Applesauce,” “Latke Man” and “The Funky Gold Menorah,” you know you’re going to be entertained. Mama Doni is one cool Jewish chick! I strongly recommend that you go listen to her music at www.mamadoni.com. It will definitely give you “Chanukah Fever”!





DISCLOSURE: I received a complimentary copy of each of these CDs to facilitate this review. No other compensation was provided.

0 comments:

Post a Comment