Saturday, October 10, 2009

Small Talk Six: Let’s Party!


This week’s topic on Small Talk Six is “6 unconventional things you think people should celebrate by throwing a party.” (What’s Small Talk Six? Click here to find out.) Is it my imagination, or are these Small Talk Six topics getting more and more difficult? Here are my six party-worthy events:

1. The first time your baby sleeps through the night. Actually, now that I think about it, the new parents are probably too pooped to party, but a good night’s sleep is still worth celebrating (with sleep)!

2. Getting a job. In this tough economy, anyone who accomplishes the amazing feat of getting a new job deserves a party!

3. The day your hubby finally says “I’m sorry”! Okay, I’m getting a little personal here, but my hubby definitely has an “issue” with apologizing. If I ever hear the words “I’m sorry” come out of his mouth, I will definitely throw a party! It would be music to my ears.

4. Any day your kids don’t fight with each other. (I’m writing this as my twins are slugging each other for the 20th time today.)

5. The day there is no war in the world.
Yes, I know this will never happen, but I can dream!

6. When we end a hurricane season with no hurricanes! Here in Florida, that’s a big occasion to celebrate. So far, this has been an awesome year with no hurricanes threatening. Hurray!

So, now it’s your turn! Leave a comment on this post describing some of the “unconventional things you think people should celebrate by throwing a party.” And then click HERE to find links to other bloggers’ Small Talk Six lists for the week.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. All comments are moderated and will go live after approval.