Wednesday, September 02, 2009
Unfortunately, I’m one of those people who has a ton of photos on her computer but never gets around to doing anything with them. So when I was contacted by Multiply with an offer to create a photo book from some of my pictures, I jumped at the chance to finally get some of them organized. I am so glad I did because I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my new Multiply photo book!
Here’s how it works. Just go to www.multiply.com and sign up for free. Then go to www.shopmultiply.com and select “Photo Books.” You’ll see a wonderful range of “themes” that you can choose for your book, such as Travel, Vintage, Watercolor, Fall, Construction Paper, and many more. I opted for a design called Pop Culture. You can also select a Linen, Leather or Photo Cover. A standard photo book contains 20 pages and holds 40-60 photos (depending on the layout you select for each page, which holds from 1-3 photos). If you want a thicker book, you can add 2 pages for an extra dollar.
I found it easiest to pre-select my photos before putting my book together. I made a separate folder on my computer and dragged 60 of my favorite photos into it. I also cropped them and got rid of the red eye, but you can also do this on Multiply. When it’s time to upload the pictures into the photo book you selected, just download their Multiply AutoUploader (http://multiply.com/autouploader) and direct it to the folder where you placed your photos. It automatically uploads all of them and displays them on a screen where you can pick and choose the ones you want for each page you design for your book.
I had so much fun making my photo book! I created a book of pictures of my twins through the years. There’s a really cute picture of them on the front of the book (I selected the Photo Cover), and then my favorite pictures of them from the past five years fill the rest of the book. Some pages even have captions where I typed in things like “Welcome to the World!” (on their newborn picture) and “Double Trouble” on a page that shows them being mischievous!
The quality of the book is fantastic. It’s a beautiful hardcover book with the name I selected for the album on the spine and cover. The artwork is bright and colorful. The pictures are clear. (Be sure to use high-resolution photos.) I am very impressed with this book. It would make a great gift for those hard-to-buy-for grandparents for the holidays, especially since Multiply's photo book prices now start at just $14.99 -- a significant savings from the photo books offered by several other companies! And did I mention that Multiply’s photo books have been recognized as one of Disney’s iParenting Media Awards’ Outstanding Products of 2009?
By the way, Multiply also has other photo products, such as calendars, cards and prints. You can permanently store and archive your photos on their site for free, so if your computer crashes, you have peace of mind! And you can also easily share your photos with your friends and family.
Now Multiply is offering one lucky reader of this blog the chance to win a free photo book of their own! To enter, go to http://shopmultiply.com and then return here to leave a comment with the name of the photo book theme you like best and what you would use it for. (For example, “I would use the Travel theme and make a book of our trip to the Grand Canyon this summer!”) You must do this first comment to enter.
You can earn optional, additional entries by:
- Becoming a fan of Susan Heim on Parenting on Facebook. Leave a comment with your Facebook name.
- Following Multiply and me on Twitter (@multiply_news and @ParentingAuthor) and tweeting about this giveaway. Leave a comment with the URL of your tweet. You may tweet once a day. Please leave a separate comment for each tweet.
- Putting a button for Susan Heim on Parenting on your blog. (The code is in the upper right-hand column of this site.) Post a comment with your blog’s URL.
- Posting this giveaway on your blog with a link to this page. Leave a comment with a direct link to the post.
- Listing Susan Heim on Parenting as one of your Favorites on Technorati. (See “Add this Blog to My Technorati Favorites” banner on the left sidebar.) Leave a comment with your Technorati user name.
- Subscribing to Susan Heim on Parenting via email, RSS, as a Follower on Blogger, or on your Kindle (see sign-up options on sidebars). Leave a comment for each subscription method.
- Entering the GE Appliance giveaway. Click on the picture of the stove near the top of the left sidebar. Leave a comment on this contest page for each entry. You can enter daily!
One lucky winner will be randomly selected from the qualified comments received by Wednesday, September 16, 2009, at midnight ET. Please leave an email address on one of your comments if it’s not available on your Blogger profile. Winners must respond within 72 hours or another winner will be drawn.
CONTEST CLOSED. Congratulations to mogrill, who said: "I like the Summer one. Perfect for our vacation. Thanks for the chance."