Friday, September 04, 2009

Small Talk Six: Jobs I’d Love to Have


This week’s topic on Small Talk Six is “6 jobs you think would be a blast to have.” (What’s Small Talk Six? Click here to find out.) Wow, this is a tough one! I can think of pros and cons for almost any job. But here are six that I think I could be happy with…

Travel writer. You mean someone wants to pay all my expenses to see the world? And all I have to do is write about it? Count me in!

Wine taster. All I can say is “Yum!” Actually, it was a tie between “wine taster” and “ice cream taster,” but I hear that wine is healthier, so I’m going with that.

Governess. Okay, this would probably be a really crappy job taking care of spoiled, rich kids all day, but after reading Jane Eyre and other gothic romances, I have visions of finding a dreamy rich husband while working as a governess in a palatial home. How romantic! But not very realistic… (Pssst! Don’t tell my husband about this fantasy.)

Video game tester.
Well, this isn’t my dream job. It’s my teenage sons’ dream come true. So, guys, this one is for you!

Colin Firth’s personal assistant. Do I really have to explain this one? Excuse me while I go wipe the dopey puppy-love look off my face! (P.S. This is another dream job you can’t mention to my husband. Seriously, if I were offered this job, it would be really, really tough to turn down!)

Mother. I had to say that because my kids might read this.

So, now it’s your turn! Leave a comment on this post describing some “jobs you think would be a blast to have.” Feel free to think outside the box! And check out these links to see what other bloggers' dream jobs are.




14 comments:

  1. I would like to be Mother Theresa and help make a difference and bring more awareness to the issues of child abuse and neglect with the same amount of passion as ones' stance on abortion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:20 PM

    1. National Geographic photographer- I can imagine anything more exciting!

    2. Painter- can't paint, but it is so relaxing.

    3. Something dealing with the ocean (oceanographer, marine biolgist, etc)- I love the water!

    4. Professional auntie and mom

    5. personal shopper- ha! You get to shop all day and finish with more money than you started with.

    6. restaurant owner- I have always wanted my own diner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Giggle... I read some of those Gothic Romances. Sigh...

    God Bless,
    Susan
    Author of Callie and the Stepmother

    ReplyDelete
  4. Travel writer can really be fun if somebody will pay for everything... I will definitely take this job...

    ReplyDelete
  5. People really do get paid to test video games. Go figure.

    Have a great Saturday.
    http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/09/im-having-productive-weekend-doggone-it.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wine tasting would be a lot of fun. Getting to taste all that wine for free.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I forgot about the dream job I already have, being a mom.Great List. Happy STS

    Here's mine
    http://allthingsmadebykelly.blogspot.com/2009/09/small-talk-six-what-do-you-want-to-be.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Travel writer could be very cool. Good choices. Make sure you visit mine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wine taster almost made my list too. Yummy..

    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love travel writer - that's a great one! here are some other of my dream jobs...

    Reference Librarian - I get to sit among books at a computer and help people find cool things all day and when I'm not doing that I get paid to read.

    Luxury Spa Owner - I like that I could create an oasis atmosphere that would help people by relaxing them and making them look and feel good.

    Actress on the TV Show Burn Notice - wait, I mean a fit, tanned, sexy actress on Burn Notice so that I could fit in perfectly with Michael and Fi.

    Newport Mansions Tour Guide (the summer homes of the rich and famous) - it perfectly blends my love for public speaking, my love for history, and being able to share a passion. I'd love to be able to go behind the scenes there too (I would also love to be a tour guide at the Palace of Versailles).

    And of course a twins mom!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Visiting from Momdot! I like your list - wouldn't it be great to travel where ever - just to write? I love that you put mother on your list - I didn't but I do love being a mom!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My son would love the video game tester gig as well! Though travel writer sounds amazing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. AHHH, Colin Firth...oh, my he's fantastic!

    Wonderful list. Mine was a little...odd.

    ~~Shan @ LastShredsOfSanity.com

    {Aspiring author, Mom to an amazing, but frustrating 4 year old girl}

    ReplyDelete
  14. you and my teens would love to have the video game tester job

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. All comments are moderated and will go live after approval.