Thursday, September 03, 2009
From August 15th through October 15th, philosophy will be donating 100% of the net proceeds of their oatmeal raisin high-foaming shampoo, shower gel and bubble bath to Cookies for Kids’ Cancer -- an organization created to raise awareness of and funds to support research for new and improved therapies for pediatric cancer through the concept of hosting local bake sales.
philosophy will also be hosting two local bake sales of their own at their Arizona store locations, and asked for help in getting everyone to do the same in their local neighborhood.
The Cookies for Kids’ Cancer website (www.cookiesforkidscancer.org) makes it easy for anyone who wants to get involved in the fight against pediatric cancer by detailing the 4 easy steps that you need to throw a bake sale of your very own (planning, details, bake, sell!).
Cancer remains the number one disease that claims the lives of our children. Each year cancer kills more children under the age of 18 than asthma, diabetes, cystic fibrosis and AIDS combined.
Can’t bake? You can still help by picking up the oatmeal raisin high-foaming shampoo, shower gel and bubble bath benefiting Cookies for Kids’ Cancer on www.philosophy.com!
Go purchase yours now…I just did! Do some early holiday shopping! Benefit a great cause while filling your gift lists.
SOME FACTS ABOUT PEDIATRIC CANCER:
• Each year in the U.S., nearly 13,000 children and adolescents are diagnosed with cancer. That’s the equivalent of two average size classrooms diagnosed each school day.
• Today, about 75% of children diagnosed with cancer become long-term survivors, yet in the U.S. cancer remains the leading cause of death from one year through adolescence -- more than any other disease. In the early 1950s, less than 10 percent of childhood cancer patients could be cured, proof that research can and is making a difference.
• Historically, some of the most basic and essential treatment strategies now employed in the fight against cancer -- such as multi-agent chemotherapy and combined modality therapy – were developed through pediatric cancer research.
• In the U.S., combined, the cancers of children, adolescents and young adults to age 20 are the sixth most common cancer in the U.S.
• Recent reports indicate that nearly two-thirds of childhood cancer survivors experience significant medical problems resulting from their original cancer and/or its treatment.
philosophy is also giving away ONE bottle of their yummy oatmeal raisin high-foaming shampoo, shower gel and bubble bath to TWO readers over at The Ohana Mama blog! Just click here to enter!