Tuesday, September 22, 2009
This Wednesday, September 23rd, is National Family Game Night! To celebrate, one reader of this blog will win a fabulous new book called Great Games! 175 Games & Activities for Families, Groups and Children.
Great Games! is jam-packed full of games for the entire family. It’s divided into two parts: “Family & Group Games” and “Children’s Games.” These sections are further divided into Indoor and Outdoor games. However, the index in the back of the book is even more helpful. All of the games are divided into categories such as “Card Games,” “Guessing Games,” “Road Trip & Car Games,” “Words & Number Games,” “Sports & Athletic Games,” and much more. So, whether you’re planning a children’s party, an adult gathering, a road trip, a teen get-together, a carnival or some other event, you’re certain to find some terrific new games for your guests.
The instructions for each game are very clear. They include the # of players needed, objects required, and variations of the game. Author Matthew Toone encourages readers to be creative and feel free to tailor the games to suit the theme of the party, the players, or personal preference. Great Games! is a fabulous resource for families who love games or people who like to plan parties. With 175 games (and even more if you count all the variations), you’re sure to find new games that you will love to play.
Great Games! is an extremely well-researched and highly readable guide for fun-seeking families. Turn off the TV and find a game to play, starting with National Family Game Night this Wednesday! Go to www.GreatGamesBook.com to find out more about this one-of-a-kind book.
Here’s your opportunity to win a copy of the book, Great Games! 175 Games & Activities for Families, Groups and Children. Leave a comment here sharing your favorite childhood game. I’m not looking for board games, but for games you played for free, like tag, hide & seek, etc. It might even be something that you made up!
You can earn optional, additional entries by:
- Becoming a fan of Great Games on Facebook. Leave a comment with your Facebook ID.
- Following me and Great Games author Matthew Toone on Twitter (@ParentingAuthor and @MatthewToone) and tweeting about this giveaway. Leave a comment with the URL of your tweet. You may tweet once a day. Please leave a separate comment for each tweet.
- Putting a button for Susan Heim on Parenting on your blog. (The code is in the upper right-hand column of this site.) Post a comment with your blog’s URL.
- Posting this giveaway on your blog with a link to this page. Leave a comment with a direct link to the post.
- Listing Susan Heim on Parenting as one of your Favorites on Technorati. (See “Add this Blog to My Technorati Favorites” banner on the left sidebar.) Leave a comment with your Technorati user name.
- Subscribing to Susan Heim on Parenting via email, RSS, as a Follower on Blogger, or on your Kindle (see sign-up options on sidebars). Leave a comment for each subscription method.
- Entering the GE Appliance giveaway. Click on the picture of the stove near the top of the left sidebar. Leave a comment on this contest page each time you enter. You can enter daily!
One winner will be randomly selected from the qualified comments received by Sunday, October 11, 2009, at midnight ET. Please leave an email address on one of your comments if it’s not available on your Blogger profile. Winners must respond within 72 hours or another winner will be drawn. U.S. residents only.
CONTEST CLOSED. Congratulations to the winner, samarcy, who said, "kick the can was a great game that we played!!"