Saturday, August 29, 2009

Small Talk Six: School Memories


This week’s topic on Small Talk Six is “6 things you loved or hated about school.” (What’s Small Talk Six? Click here to find out.) It’s natural when our kids go to school to think back to our own school days, the good and the bad. I have plenty of good memories about school, but also some painful ones. It’s tough to write just 6 things about school, but here’s what I came up with!

- I loved books. I have such fond memories of reading in elementary school. I read the Little House on the Prairie series several times, as well as the Narnia books by C.S. Lewis. Other favorites were Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle books and those by Beverly Cleary.

- I loved helping the teacher. Many times, I would finish my assignments early, so my elementary school teachers let me correct papers, put up bulletin boards and run errands.

- I loved shopping for school clothes at the beginning of the year. My mom would take my sister and me to the mall, and we were given a certain budget for clothes. I tried to get as many clothes (that were cool) within the budget. If I wanted to spend more, I had to buy them myself.

- I hated gym class. I was super-skinny in school, and my family wasn’t athletic. I was usually one of the last ones picked for teams.

- I hated riding the bus. In high school, I went to a private school that was on the other side of town, so I had a really long bus ride. We had to get up on cold winter mornings and wait outside for the bus in the dark. Brrrr!

- I hated speech class. I was shy, and giving speeches was a nightmare for me. Hard to believe I ended up giving the valedictorian speech in high school! I was so nervous that I don’t remember a thing about it!

So, now it’s your turn! Leave a comment explaining “6 things you loved or hated about school.” And go to http://www.momdot.com/blog/small-talk-six-those-school-girl-or-boy-days/ to see what other bloggers thought about their school days!




3 comments:

  1. I am glad I never had to ride the bus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems that a lot of people hated the bus! I'm definitely with you. Our bus rides were long and miserable on overcrowded buses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I didn't have to ride a bus too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. All comments are moderated and will go live after approval.