Friday, August 28, 2009
A lot of groups that may have taken a hiatus over the summer are now getting back to business. These include scout troops, sports teams, book clubs, youth groups, school clubs, PTAs and much more! In the “old days,” we usually set up a phone tree to notify members of meetings, practices, and special events. E-mail works better now, but it can be inconsistent. But recently I found a website called Qlubb that helps parents and group leaders organize and coordinate children’s activities and groups. It’s an awesome free service that includes sign-up sheets, shared calendaring, photo sharing, automated reminders, group invitations, member rosters, bulletin boards and many other great features. And sign-up is extremely quick and easy!
Getting kids to all of their activities can be stressful, and if you’re trying to coordinate volunteers, make phone calls, send out emails, and share information, it can be even more chaotic. That’s why Qlubb is such a valuable resource. More than 20,000 members now use this service to organize their groups and teams. Check it out! It’s free, so you have nothing to lose. I have a feeling that once you try it, your group will wonder how it ever got along without Qlubb! In fact, their Qlubbs have over 90% participation and usage by members. Click on the “Demo” button on the upper-right-hand corner of their site to see what they have to offer your group.
And now there’s no better time to try out Qlubb because they’re holding a back-to-school contest during which they’re giving away 2 eco-friendly, “muck-free” (no BPA, no phthalates, no lead) citizenpip lunch box systems every week! For every friend you refer to the site, you will be entered to win one of the two weekly prizes.
In addition, you have another chance to win a terrific citizenpip lunch box system right here! (You can see what’s included in the picture on this post.) To enter on this blog, leave a comment here about what group in your life would benefit from using Qlubb. You must do this to enter.
You can earn optional, additional entries by:
- Becoming a fan of Susan Heim on Parenting on Facebook. Leave a comment with your Facebook name.
- Following Qlubb and me on Twitter (@qlubb and @ParentingAuthor) and tweeting about this giveaway. Leave a comment with the URL of your tweet. You may tweet once a day. Please leave a separate comment for each tweet.
- Putting a button for Susan Heim on Parenting on your blog. (The code is in the upper right-hand column of this site.) Post a comment with your blog’s URL.
- Posting this giveaway on your blog with a link to this page. Leave a comment with a direct link to the post.
- Listing Susan Heim on Parenting as one of your Favorites on Technorati. (See “Add this Blog to My Technorati Favorites” banner on the left sidebar.) Leave a comment with your Technorati user name.
- Subscribing to Susan Heim on Parenting via email, RSS, as a Follower on Blogger, or on your Kindle (see sign-up options on sidebars). Leave a comment for each subscription method.
- Enter the GE Appliance giveaway. Click on the picture of the stove near the top of the left sidebar. Leave a comment on this contest page that you entered. You can enter daily!
One lucky winner will be randomly selected from the qualified comments received by Friday, September 11, 2009, at midnight ET. Please leave an email address on one of your comments if it’s not available on your Blogger profile. Winners must respond within 72 hours or another winner will be drawn.
CONTEST CLOSED. Congratulations to windycindy, who said that Qlubb would be great for "helping to get parent volunteers for all of the needs at school"! Terrific idea!
DISCLOSURE: Qlubb is sending me a Qlubb gift bag as a thank you for telling you about their site, but I would have done it even without the gift because I think it's an awesome idea!