Wednesday, August 12, 2009
PBS has some exciting new shows out for kids that I’ve been given the chance to check out! I love the new series produced by The Jim Henson Company called Sid the Science Kid. Sid is the kind of kid who has lots of questions! Can animals communicate with us? Why is dirt so dirty? Why do bananas turn brown? And why did his ice pop melt? These are the types of things children ask that can be answered by science! In the adorable Sid the Science Kid series, Sid and his classmates learn the answers to such questions through experiments, games, songs, and the wise guidance of their teacher, Miss Susie. And, of course, this show features the amazing animation you would expect from The Jim Henson Company.
Another great series from PBS, which is a special favorite of my son Austen, is Dive Olly Dive. It features Olly the Submarine and his friends, such as Suzy the Sea Plane and Ranger the Cowboy Seahorse, as they embark on underwater adventures. This 3D-animated series is shown on PBS Sprout, and teaches kids about ocean life, as well as life lessons (like listening to others). My son has asked to watch our Dive Olly Dive DVD over and over again!
I’m pleased to tell you that I have the opportunity to offer the following brand-new three DVDs to one lucky winner! This prize consists of:
Sid the Science Kid: The Bug Club
This includes 4 episodes of the series: Hello Doggie, Home Tweet Home, The Dirt on Dirt, and Don’t Forget the Leaves.
Sid the Science Kid: Change Happens
This DVD features: My Mushy Banana, My Shrinking Shoes, My Ice Pops, and The Perfect Pancake.
Dive Olly Dive: Ship Shape Sub
There are 5 adventures on this DVD: Haunted Ship Prank, Less Is More, Navigation Consternation, Follow That Lobster, and Don’t Tell Beth.
PLUS: All three DVDs contain a bonus DVD with 134 minutes of shows from Sid the Science Kid, WordWorld, Dive Olly Dive, Hurray for Huckle, Tiny Planets, Will & Dewitt, Animal Atlas, Hermie and Friends, Pocoyo, and Hopla. This is a great opportunity to check out some PBS shows that your children may not have seen yet.
So, how can you enter to win these three terrific DVDs?
MANDATORY FIRST ENTRY: Leave a comment on this post naming your kids’ favorite PBS show. (Visit www.pbskids.org to view their programs.)
For additional, optional entries:
- Follow me (@ParentingAuthor) on Twitter and tweet this giveaway. You can tweet once each day. Leave a separate comment with the URL each time you tweet.
- Become a fan of Susan Heim on Parenting on Facebook. Go to http://apps.facebook.com/blognetworks/blog/susan_heim_on_parenting/ and click on Follow. Leave a comment with your Facebook name.
- Put a button for Susan Heim on Parenting on your blog. (The code is in the upper right-hand column of this site.) Post a comment with your blog’s URL.
- Post this giveaway on your blog with a link to this page. Leave a comment with a direct link to the post.
- Subscribe to Susan Heim on Parenting via email, RSS, as a Follower on Blogger, or on your Kindle (see sign-up options on sidebars). Leave a comment with your subscription method. *BONUS: If you subscribe via Kindle, you’ll receive 5 entries! Please leave 5 separate comments if you’re a Kindle subscriber.
One lucky winner will be randomly selected from the qualified comments received by Sunday, August 30, 2009, at midnight ET. Please leave an email address on one of your comments if it’s not available on your Blogger profile. Winners must respond within 72 hours or another winner will be drawn.
CONTEST CLOSED. Congratulations to Carol, who said...
I subscribe by email.
mittens0831 AT aol.com
Thank you to all who entered!