Monday, August 24, 2009

Milkshake Is Back! Hurray!


It’s been two years since the band Milkshake put out a new CD, but the wait is finally over! Fortunately, the music on Great Day was well worth the wait! For those of you who aren’t familiar with the music of Milkshake, they’re billed as a children’s music group, but their songs are unlike any others you’ve ever heard! When I think of children’s music, I tend to think of The Wiggles or “The Wheels on the Bus” or lullabies. And, frankly, if I hear one more rendition of “Mary Had a Little Lamb,” I just might scream! That’s why Milkshake’s music is so great -- both kids AND adults love it! The themes of their music are kid-friendly, but their rock-and-roll beat is definitely grown up!

I encourage you to head over to www.milkshakemusic.com to see what I mean. You can listen to Milkshake’s music, watch their videos (also seen on PBS Kids, Noggin and Discovery Kids), learn more about the band and, of course, get their new CD! You can also sign up for their newsletter and visit the kids’ page. You can even buy Lisa Mathews’ signature tutu for your kids!

Great Day contains 12 songs, and I enjoy listening to every one of them. I take it in the car, and the kids and I rock along to it while we’re on the road! Some of the themes include getting over a bad day (“Happy Place”), seeking adventure (“Travel Far”), and getting the “gimmes” (“I Want It”). If you’re seeking a little more edgy and contemporary music for your family, you’ll be highly pleased with Milkshake’s new CD, Great Day!


DISCLOSURE: I received a complimentary copy of this CD so I could effectively and objectively review it!


3 comments:

  1. Susan, I love your blog! Great stuff! Great news to know that Milkshake is back. Your books are fabulous as well. Look forward to your next blog.

    Cheers
    Michel Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Michel. I'm so glad you're enjoying my blog. Yours looks wonderful, too! I get so many "sleep questions" from parents. It's great to see this issue addressed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the heads up- we love Milkshake! Look forward to hearing the new cd.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. All comments are moderated and will go live after approval.