Sunday, August 16, 2009

MeDoGood: Positive Message Shirts for Kids and Teens (Plus Discount Code)


I have to admit that I really hate all of the “bad attitude” shirts that kids wear today. One of my sons has one that says: “It looks like I’m listening but I’m just waiting for you to shut up.” My other teen wears a shirt that says: “Not now, I’m busy” and shows a kid playing video games. (I did not purchase either of these shirts for them!) Frankly, they’re just plain rude and don’t show respect for other people. And what’s with all the skulls on kids’ shirts these days? It’s just creepy.

So, I was very pleased to find that there are some companies who print shirts for kids with positive messages. One such company is MeDoGood. Their motto is: “doing something good… everyday.” Here is what the founders of MeDoGood want to convey to kids:

Are you ready to do something good everyday? It’s as easy as wearing a t-shirt with a positive message. Then telling your friends about MeDoGood.com!

Messages are everywhere and can be very powerful, so why not promote something positive and take responsibility for your words and actions while challenging those around you to be positive and do something good -- simply by wearing a positive t-shirt.

Our feeling is that you -- and probably most of your friends -- feel it’s time to take a stand for what you believe in, what you hope for and how you can make a difference … by wearing clothing that is respectful and, most of all, thought provoking, in a positive and responsible way.

Today’s generation is searching for hope, purpose and guidance, and it is the responsibility of this company to share our desire with you by offering America’s youth with apparel that can influence the individual and those around them … we invite you to join us on our journey of doing something good everyday.

Here is a small sample of some of the many slogans available for their shirts:

I CAN Make A Difference
I CAN Make Someone’s Day
I CAN Be A Positive Influence
I CAN Accomplish Anything
I WILL Make The Right Choices
I WILL Respect Myself
I WILL Do My Best At Everything
I WILL Go The Distance

MeDoGood shirts are available in a wide variety of sizes (for youth, men and women), colors, and styles (t-shirts, hoodies, tank tops, sweatshirts, and more). They have many different slogans, and will even work with you to create your own. And they are very reasonably priced, especially with the following discount code.

DISCOUNT CODE: If you enter the code smh10 at checkout, you’ll receive 10% off your order!

On their website, www.medogood.com, you can also submit your own sayings, vote on your favorites, and even find out how you can sell MeDoGood shirts as a fundraiser for your school organization, sports team, youth group, or other good cause.

I would love to see these wonderful shirts “catch on” with today’s kids. Let’s discourage the “bad attitude” shirts that are so prevalent and start a movement to get everyone wearing MeDoGood shirts! Just say to yourself: I CAN Make A Difference!




1 comment:

  1. Oh I LOVE this! The "Happy Bunny" shirts push me to the limit...cute illo, poor attitude. Great alternative, Susan!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. All comments are moderated and will go live after approval.