Monday, July 27, 2009
I recently posted a review of a fantastic new series of children’s books called Tales from the Back Pew by Mike Thaler. This is a series of four books (and counting), including:
The Preacher Creature Strikes on Sunday
Mission Trip Impossible
Easter Egg Haunt
Church Summer Cramp
Well, I just realized that I forgot to include the giveaway! I have two extra copies of Church Summer Cramp. In this book, a church youth group is going on a retreat! It doesn’t sound like much fun to the kid in the book because it’s out in the woods, which is filled with mosquitoes and poison ivy! But he soon finds out that you can also feel closer to God in the midst of nature. And he won’t get lost because they’ve got GPS -- God’s Protecting Son! This is a highly entertaining book that you and your kids will really enjoy.
You can read more about Mike Thaler and his terrific books at www.mikethaler.com.
So, better late than never, here’s how to win one of two copies of this awesome book:
REQUIRED ENTRY: Leave a comment on this post briefly describing a memorable vacation, retreat or camping trip you’ve taken. Did your tent get blown over? Did you share your campground with a bees’ nest? Did you get on the wrong flight? Share your experience!
You may earn additional entries if you:
- Put a button for Susan Heim on Parenting on your blog. (The code is in the upper right-hand column of this site.) Post a comment with your blog’s URL.
- Follow me on Twitter (@ParentingAuthor) and tweet this giveaway. Leave a comment with the URL to your tweet.
- Post this giveaway on your blog with a link to this page. Leave a comment with a link to the post.
- Subscribe to Susan Heim on Parenting via email, RSS, as a Follower on Blogger, or on your Kindle (see sign-up options on sidebars). Leave a comment with your subscription method. *BONUS: If you subscribe via Kindle, you’ll get 5 entries!
- Follow this blog on Facebook. Go to http://apps.facebook.com/blognetworks/blog/susan_heim_on_parenting/ and click on Follow. (And please click on “Confirm the Author,” too!)
Two winners will be randomly selected from the qualified entries received by midnight on Friday, August 7, 2009. Be sure to leave an email address if you don’t have it posted on your Blogger page. The winner will be emailed and must respond within 72 hours or a new winner will be selected.
CONTEST CLOSED. Congratulations to the winners: gahome2mom and Sunny View!
children's books, church, giveaway, Mike Thaler