Tuesday, July 07, 2009

The Bill Engvall Show: Get Ready for Season 3!


I was excited when TBS asked me to preview some episodes of The Bill Engvall Show. The third season is starting on July 18th and, to be honest, I’d never seen the show! But I had seen Bill Engvall in The Jeff Foxworthy Show and Blue Collar TV, and I thought he was hilarious. So I was curious to check out The Bill Engvall Show. I’m really glad I did!

For the season premiere, they’ll be showing two brand-new episodes of The Bill Engvall Show. At 9:00 PM EST, they’ll air the first episode, called “Give Me a Break.” The break refers to Spring Break, specifically the trip to Cancun that Bill promised his teenage daughter. Unfortunately, finances are tight, and Bill has the undesirable job of telling his daughter that he can’t afford the trip. How will she react? Will this damage their wonderful father/daughter relationship? You can bet there will be some turmoil caused by this announcement!

The second show, at 9:30 PM EST, is called “You Decide.” In this episode, Bill starts to feel like his wife, played by Nancy Travis, is making all of the decisions in their marriage. So when she tells them that they need a new bedspread, he decides that the choice will be his! Needless to say, Bill may wish he’d never volunteered for the task. There’s also a very humorous sideline about their less-than-attractive neighbor (in a very funny turn by Brian Doyle Murray), who insists on using his new hot tub in the nude and in full view of Bill and his family! Will they be able to get the message through that clothing is NOT optional?

I thoroughly enjoyed watching The Bill Engvall Show and now plan to follow this terrific show this season. Tim Meadows is also a riot as Bill’s friend, who often steers him down the wrong path. I strongly encourage you to mark your calendar or program your TiVo to watch The Bill Engvall Show on Saturday, July 18, starting at 9 PM! You can also visit http://www.tbs.com/shows/billengvall/ to watch more episodes.



Technorati Tags:
, , , , , , ,

1 comment:

  1. oooh - I had no idea he had a show but I think he is hilarious. I might have drag my DH into it.......tivo here we come with something besides scooby doo!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. All comments are moderated and will go live after approval.