Monday, June 15, 2009

Battle Wrinkles and Get Younger-Looking Skin with L’Oreal


Bzz bzz! I’m what’s known as a BzzAgent, and I’ve been issued my first assignment! What’s a BzzAgent, you ask? BzzAgents are members of www.bzzagent.com. They get to try out some really cool products and tell people all about them. Sounds like fun, doesn’t it? Well, I was really excited when they sent me my first gig -- to try L’Oreal Advanced Revitalift Deep-Set Wrinkle Repair products for eight weeks. I’m in my mid-forties, so anything that’s going to help minimize the wrinkles that have been creeping onto my face in recent years is welcome! They sent me a bottle of their Advanced Revitalift Deep-Set Wrinkle Repair SPF 15 Day Lotion and a bottle of their Advanced Revitalift Deep-Set Wrinkle Repair Night Crème.

L’Oreal Advanced Revitalift Deep-Set Wrinkle Repair products contain powerful anti-aging ingredients. These include Pro-Retinol A, which helps to reduce the size and depth of deep wrinkles so you have smoother skin. It also includes Fiber-Repair Complex, which helps to restore your skin’s fibrous support network to even out the surface of deep set wrinkles. The Day Lotion has an SPF 15 to help protect you from the sun’s harmful UV rays. It can be used alone or under your regular makeup. The Night Crème, of course, gets to work on your skin while you sleep! These products are only $19.99 each and are available at most major retailers, including CVS pharmacy, Walgreen’s, Rite-Aid, Target and Wal-Mart. Click here to watch a video for more information on these products.

But, of course, I wasn’t about to take the company’s word for it that these products are great, so I tried them myself! First, I love the little pump bottles they come in. They’re super-easy to use and just dispense a little lotion at a time so you don’t use too much or waste it. And it just takes a little amount to cover your entire face and neck. I focused especially on my “problem areas,” which are my forehead, the corners of my eyes, and the space between my nose and mouth. I loved the Night Creme because it wasn’t too heavy. The Day Lotion was even lighter, and I like that it contains sunscreen. I always cover my face with loose powder to help even out my skin tone, and it easily went over the lotion without clumping or sticking. I was also worried about acne because I tend to get little breakouts and was concerned about adding too much moisture to my skin. But that wasn’t a problem at all! Using the lotion didn’t cause breakouts, and now I’m a convert to using moisturizer 24/7. I even went to the beach with only the Day Lotion on and I didn’t get burned at all.

So, how does my face look? Great! Of course, I don’t look like a college student again, but I definitely think my lines look less noticeable, and my skin looks healthy. I’m thrilled that I’ve found a moisturizing line that really works for me because I know that taking care of my skin is very important now that I’m entering middle age (cringe). Following are some more tips from L’Oreal for younger-looking skin:

1) Focus your regimen on your primary skin concern like breakouts or aging and select your products accordingly.

2) Don’t overload on products. Too much of anything can cause irritation, strip skin of moisture, and make it more sensitive.

3) Don’t wash your face until you’ve washed your hands. If you use a washcloth, make sure it’s a fresh one every time so there’s no bacterial buildup.

4) When cleansing or exfoliating, use tiny circular motions upward and very gentle pressure.

5) Use warm water to rinse. Hot water can over-dry. Cold water won’t rinse off the cleanser.

6) Don’t over-clean your face. Cleansing more than twice a day can over-dry your skin.

7) Toner actually prepares your skin to accept moisture better. While skin is still damp, smooth on moisturizer to seal the moisture in.

8) It’s not just what you apply but also how you apply it. Take a few extra seconds to massage in moisturizer to spark circulation and enhance radiance.

9) Go gently when you apply eye cream. Dot in a full circle all around the eye. Never pull or tug. Use your ring finger to apply. It’s the weakest finger so you won’t apply too much pressure.

10) Smooth a little eye cream around your lips every day. The area around the lips, like the area around the eyes, is very delicate and requires extra care.

So, there you have it. I’m pleased that I got to try out such a terrific product for my first assignment as a BzzAgent. I encourage you to give L’Oreal’s Advanced Revitalift Deep-Set Wrinkle Repair products a try for yourself. They’re a great addition to your daily skincare regimen.



BzzAgent Badge

Technorati Tags:
, , , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. All comments are moderated and will go live after approval.