Sunday, March 08, 2009

Book Series That My Kids Love

My boys and I love to discover new book series. As soon as we find a book we love, we check the library to see if there are any other books written by that author. Here are some of our favorite series:

Little Critter Books
by Mercer Mayer



The Berenstain Bears Books
by Jan & Stan (and Mike) Berenstain




Huggly the Monster Under the Bed Books

by Tedd Arnold



Fluffy the Classroom Guinea Pig Books
by Kate McMullan



Froggy Books
by Jonathan London



Little Rabbit Books
by Harry Horse




Franklin the Turtle Books

by Paulette Bourgeois



What are your favorite book series for kids? We’d love to hear about them so we can check them out at the library!



Technorati Tags:
, , ,

7 comments:

  1. My kids(when they were younger) loved all these books! I enjoyed reading those to them also!They also liked the "Little House" and "Box Car Children".2 of my favorites as a child also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely ideas. Little Critter looks like a fun one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The two books my twins are enjoying are books for an older age so we only read a chapter at a time. The Little House on the Prairie series by Laura Ingells Wilder

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love if your give a mouse a cookie, if you give a moose a muffin and all of those. The kids get so into them. They are a please to enjoy with kids!

    Becca

    Please visit me at http://www.askbecca.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. When my daughter was a wee thing, she and I practically lived at the library. One of her favorite book series was the Little Bear collection by Else Holmelund Minarik (with illustrations by Maurice Sendak so delightful they'll break your heart). I think Little Bear's Visit was maybe the favorite. She also loved the Curious Geroge books and we rented every Curious George video available.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ditto the books by Laura Numeroff, whic are If You Give a Moose a muffin, If You Give a Mouse a Cookie, If You Give a Pig a Pancake, If you give a Pig a Party. They are simply delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Little Bear books (and TV show), as well as the books by Laura Numeroff ("If You Give a Mouse..." etc.), are also huge hits in our house. And I was a huge fan of the Little House books when I was a girl. I read them over and over again. Thanks to everyone for sharing your "must-read" series for kids!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. All comments are moderated and will go live after approval.