Sunday, January 04, 2009

Soap-to-Go: Handmade Bath Products for Your Family


My family recently spent a couple of days at my parents’ house. With 6 of us, I always feel a little guilty about using up so much of my parents’ soap. I could bring a bar in one of those little plastic carrying cases, but it always gets gooey and messy inside. So, when I got home, I was thrilled to find some Soap-to-Go in my mailbox! It’s soap in a portable tube that can be taken anywhere. Not only is it good for out-of-town trips, but it’s great just for getting out and about with kids. Oftentimes, little ones can’t reach the soap dispensers in public restrooms (and love to make a mess when they do), so a tube of Soap-to-Go in the purse or diaper bag can really come in handy! It has a screw-on cap, so the cap won’t pop off and cause a mess.

Available through Angie’s Suds ‘N’ Such, Soap-to-Go comes in fun kid scents, such as cotton candy, creamsicle, and jelly bean. The soap we’ve been using smells like bubble gum, and the kids love it! And you’ll love the price…only $3.50 each! Shipping is just $2.00 in the US and Canada, and only 75 cents more for each additional item.

Not surprisingly, Angie’s Suds ‘N’ Such was started by a mom who saw a need for portable soap without the mess for her daughter. Angie also has a line of soaps for adults, which can be found at her online Suds ‘N’ Such store. Great items include soaps that look like lemon meringue, key lime and banana cream pies, as well as soaps that help nausea/headaches and PMS. There’s even Shaving Soap-to-Go and Beer Soap for the guys! Check out all of the fun gifts and pampering items here.

My five-year-olds have been using Soap-to-Go in the shower because it doesn’t slip out of their hands like a regular bar of soap, and they have more control in spreading it on their skin. And I’m going to order more Soap-to-Go so we’re ready for our next trip to Grandma’s house! Please check out these wonderful products by an ingenious mom.



Technorati Tags:
, , , ,

3 comments:

  1. That stuff looks awesome. We go through soap around here like it's plain ol' water. My husband is a bubbles fanatic and he makes me crazy with his 3 hour soaks in the jacuzzi (we just got it this past summer and he is killing our water bill)..but these little gems are really cool because like you said, the kiddo's are really kind of wasteful and messy if you let them do their own "soaping" up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool idea! I travel in Asia a lot and many times there is a sink but no soap in the public restrooms (and you have to buy your own toilet paper, but that is another subject entirely)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you kidding me? Those soaps look good enough to eat. I could see my younger one getting a mouth full before he realized the truth behind the soap. Brings new meaning to the age old punishment of washing your mouth out with soap. Thanks for sharing this Susan.
    Regards,
    Joe

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. All comments are moderated and will go live after approval.