Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Glow Mama: A Natural Juice Drink for Moms and Moms-to-Be


I’m one of those women who loves being pregnant. Yes, even with twins, hard as it was, I was sad for my pregnancy to come to an end (especially since it would be my last one). Except for the morning sickness, I like everything about being pregnant -- feeling the baby (or babies) move, wearing cute (and not so cute) maternity clothes, getting tummy pats from friends and families. But one thing I do recall disliking was being advised to drink a lot of water. I’ve never been a water lover, so it was always torture for me to try to increase my water intake during pregnancy. However, I recently found out about a product that would have solved that problem for me -- Glow Mama!

Glow Mama is a natural juice drink that “keeps you happy, healthy and hydrated with the crisp, refreshing taste of New Zealand kiwi.” It contains things your body (and baby) needs, such as fiber, vitamin C, folic acid, vitamins B3, B6 and B12, calcium and iron. Best of all is what it doesn’t have: artificial sweeteners, colors or flavors; caffeine; lots of calories; or fat. The taste far exceeds plain water in yumminess, and you can either drink it alone or make a mocktail with it! (Delicious mocktail recipes can be found on the Glow Mama website.)

Fortunately, you don’t have to be pregnant to benefit from Glow Mama. It’s good for nursing moms, sick moms, busy moms…any moms! In other words, it’s a healthy drink for anyone who wants an alternative to soda, caffeinated drinks, or even water. And it’s endorsed by the American Pregnancy Association. You can buy Glow Mama through their website, www.drinktoglow.com, or at many San Francisco Bay area stores (listed on the site).

I really wish Glow Mama had been available when I was pregnant with twins in 2003. Fortunately, I can still drink it and enjoy its nutritional benefits. And I noticed there's a Glow Mama Gift Pack that I can purchase for the next baby shower I attend! Would you like to win a Two Week Taster of Glow Mama? Just leave a comment below about why you'd like to win Glow Mama, and I'll randomly select a winner on December 1, 2008. For a bonus entry, tweet this contest on Twitter (to @ParentingAuthor), and leave me a comment here letting me know you tweeted. Enjoy!

CONTEST CLOSED. Congratulations to Ohana Mama, who won the Two Week Taster of Glow Mama!

Technorati Tags:
, , , , , , ,

35 comments:

  1. THIS IS GREAT BECAUSE ITS JUST NOT LIQUID TO BLOAT- IT DOES THE BODY GOOD...I really am addicted to diet soda and am trying to get off..water does not work at this point so something healthy and great tasting would do the trick..

    let me also state, when pregnant, the barfs are nasty and they say keep hydrated..but what do you do- water that is nothing but more liquid to toss, or gingerale to bubble...I bet this is great to keep hydrated and feel good- I know gross talk but its life...I want something that is going to be good for me and be absorbed whne I am sick

    ReplyDelete
  2. we have heard a lot about this, but havn't been able to try it yet

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to win this because I am always open to trying new drinks. This sounds very healthy which I like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'd like to try a new drink

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like to try new products

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to win. morning sickness is the worst. crackers and sprite, and apple juice, blech. I feel like I have sugar overload. I need something besides water!


    karissag at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to win this for my daughternlaw

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds really good! :)

    lilacbutterfly [at] earthlink.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous12:46 AM

    Is this an energy drink?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope I win it's my Mother's birthday on the 20th of November and I cannot afford a gift so this would be ideal.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have already tried Glow Mama and love it so I'd love a 2 week starter of this yummy stuff!

    mahalo for the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  12. No, it's not an energy drink. It's a nutritional supplement that aids in helping pregnant and nursing women (and anyone else) to stay healthy and hydrated.

    ReplyDelete
  13. sounds very refreshing and healthy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pregnant and suffering from morning sickness. Most of my nutrition comes from what I drink right now. This sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've heard many good things about Glow Mama and I'd love to have it for the next time I get pregnant and to try in the meantime.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This sounds fabulous! I'd love to win for my pregnant sister.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds healthy and tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  18. My sister-in-law is breastfeeding and this would be a great way to relax and bond with her!

    ReplyDelete
  19. i would love this for my sister who is expecting..she dislike water also :(

    ReplyDelete
  20. Renee7:54 PM

    I'm a nursing mom and would love to try this!

    cookiert at yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am not pregnant, but am nursing my youngest and would love to give this a try.
    beccaj73[at]hickorytech[dot]net

    ReplyDelete
  22. It doesnt have caffeine!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anonymous11:56 PM

    I lwold love to try this!

    stephanie_adkins@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I would love to win Glow Mama because I am really picky about what I put into my body and I love the idea of drinking a natural caffeine free beverage to keep my body healthy and hydrated. I have heard a lot of very positive "buzz" about Glow Mama and would love an opportunity to incorporate it into my daily diet. I work out 4-5 times a week so it is imperative that I keep myself well hydrated and this sounds like it will not only do the trick, but also will taste great! Thank you for the opportunity to enter.
    joannaonthelake@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Living in HAwaii it's important for us to drink lots and lots of water...but it's so boring! I'd love Glow Mama to keep me hydrated in our hot Lahaina heat!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I always like to try new things!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'd love to win b/c I am currently pregnant with my first child and I want to provide him with lots of all-natural, good nutrients. Please count me in and thanks for the contest!
    codisweepstakes at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  28. like a great product would love to try this

    ReplyDelete
  29. sounds like a great product, great when you are on the go

    ReplyDelete
  30. Sounds like a great prodict bedause it does not have artificial flavorings and is low cal.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love trying new products, and if they're healthy all the better since my kids will prob. get more of it than me. (I don't think I've finished a whole anything since I've had kids.) *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  32. sounds really good... i would love to try it

    ReplyDelete
  33. I would love to try this! I need to cut back on the junk I have been drinking. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  34. My granddaughter would love this.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Woohoo! Mahalo! Love me some Glow Mama! thanks for the giveaway!

    Sarah
    Ohana Mama

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. All comments are moderated and will go live after approval.