Sunday, December 16, 2007

Favorite Family Christmas Movies

This is the time of year when we dust off the old Christmas videos (for those of us who still own a VCR) and DVDs, and enjoy them all over again. I also TiVo any Christmas specials that look interesting, hoping I’ll acquire another good one! Following is a list of my favorite Christmas movies and specials for children, as well as for the whole family. I’d love to hear about your favorites!

Strictly for children:


The Year Without a Santa Claus (I still know every word to the heat miser/cold miser songs!)

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
(fortunately, the “bumble” no longer scares me!)

Frosty the Snowman (but skip Frosty Returns…yuck!)

Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas (it’s gotta be the animated one)

Max and Ruby’s Christmas

Caillou’s Holiday Movie (quite educational, too!)

Alvin and the Chipmunks: A Chipmunk Christmas (dated, but still cute…Alvin is just so greedy!)

The Story of the Nativity (Beginners’ Bible series…my kids always laugh when the camels crash!)

Madeline at the North Pole


For the whole family:


It’s a Wonderful Life (yes, it’s overplayed, but I adore it anyway)

Miracle on 34th Street (the original with Natalie Wood, but please don’t watch it colorized!)

White Christmas
(satisfies my romantic streak!)

National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation (it’s so stupid, it’s hilarious)

2 comments:

  1. Don't forget Meet Me in Saint Louis!!! With Judy Garland!

    :-)
    E

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you believe I've never seen that one? I'll have to check it out! Thanks for the great addition. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. All comments are moderated and will go live after approval.