Monday, April 30, 2007

My Addiction to Magazines

I must admit that I’m addicted to magazines. I guess it could be worse . . . reading is a good thing, right? I keep one in the car at all times to read while I’m waiting for my son to get out of fencing or the twins to come out of preschool. I read them at the dinner table or while supervising my twins in the back yard. I’ve always got a stack of them in several places in the house. It’s gotten to the point where I just can’t read them all! I want to read them from cover-to-cover, but now I find myself skimming. Still, it’s rare that I can convince myself to give up a subscription. My husband says that I’m oblivious to what’s going on around me when I’m absorbed in a good article. And when my People magazine arrives on Saturdays, I read the entire issue that day! So, I guess I should start working on this little obsession of mine before it starts overtaking my life. Here’s a list of the magazines that arrive at our house (all highly recommended)!

Parenting
Cookie
Family Fun
MOMSense
Parenting
Parents
Twins Magazine


Christian
Guideposts
Today’s Christian Woman
Focus on the Family


Women’s
Family Circle
Good Housekeeping
Hallmark Magazine
Ladies’ Home Journal
Oprah
Redbook
Woman’s Day


For Preschoolers
Nick Jr.
Sesame Street Magazine
Turtle


For Teens
Breakaway
Ignite Your Faith


For Men (or Women Who Are Interested in Finance!)
CFO
Forbes


Other
Chicken Soup for the Soul Magazine
People
Reader’s Digest
Smithsonian


Writing
Children’s Book Insider
Poets & Writers
Writer’s Digest

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. All comments are moderated and will go live after approval.