Sunday, September 10, 2006

Bad Moods All Around

At one point this afternoon, I looked at my 13-year-old son and asked, "Are you in a bad mood, too?" When he said no, I replied, "Okay, you can stay." I've got two teenagers and two toddlers. The bad moods are a daily occurrence! Or should I say "hourly"?? At the time I asked that question of my son, I had just returned from picking up my 16-year-old, who apparently had a very unsatisfying weekend with his youth group at Disney, because he proceeded to complain about his horrible life all the way home. Then, my two-year-old twins woke up from their naps acting extremely grouchy, so the sight of my 13-year-old entering the room was cause to put up my guard. "Will you become moody when you turn 16?" I asked him. "I hope not!" he said. Hopefully, I'll get lucky with one good-natured kid through the teen years, but based on the moodiness level I know I exhibited in my own teen years, I doubt I'll be that fortunate. In the meantime, I'm really looking forward to when the twins turn about 5, my oldest teenager exits the teen years, and hopefully harmony will reign for a while! But then it will be time for my husband's midlife crisis and my menopause . . . yikes!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. All comments are moderated and will go live after approval.